e-prime info

Subject: e-prime info
From: Miki Magyar <mdm0857 -at- MCDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 13:44:48 -0700

Jane Bergen said:
One of my pet peeves involves the use of the verb "to be" -- most of the
time the writing is more authoritative and has more impact if we eliminate
that verb.

I heartily agree! The subject is General Semantics, and the web site for
the International Society for General Semantics (ISGS) is
http://www.crl.com/~isgs/isgshome.html

Clarity and precision in thought and language is desirable in both technical
and 'creative' writing. My perception is that practice in one domain carries
over into the other. To stimulate the 'leetle grey cells', see also deBono's
books on lateral thinking.

Regards,
Miki
mikim -at- mcdata -dot- com
"Curtsy while you're thinking what to say. It saves time"
Lewis Carroll