Re: PC Processing Power/You'll Know You're a Tech Writer When . . .

Subject: Re: PC Processing Power/You'll Know You're a Tech Writer When . . .
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 09:40:59 -0800

On Fri, 4 Apr 1997 09:10:22 -0500, George F. Hayhoe wrote:

>Despite my plans, the 1.2 GB hard drive crashed.
[...]
>It wasn't all bad, though. The experience provided the
>"opportunity" to buy a brand new PC a year earlier than
>planned.

I wish I could use a simple drive crash as an excuse to buy a whole new
system!

Unfortunately, I think I would have a bit of trouble justifying
dropping $3k on a new system when a hard drive is all that needs to be
replaced for $200.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>

On the edge of sleep, I awoke to a sun so bright
Rested and fearless, cheered by your nearness
I knew which direction was right
The case had been tried by the jury inside
The choice between darkness and light...
- Rush, "Double Agent"