Re: The size of a programming manual

Subject: Re: The size of a programming manual
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 10:43:16 -0700

Heli Roosild wrote:

> And spirals don't allow for print on the spine.

Well, not exactly. There is a cover format that allows you to have a
spiral binding with a paper cover and spine that covers the spiral, so
that you can actually have a printed spine when the book stands on a
bookshelf. You can fold the cover back when you have the book flat on a
desk, and depending on how it's folded, you can also have the rest of
the pages shifted back along the spiral binding so that only the top
page shows. I can't remember what the local printers call this type of
arrangement, but I've used it and it works well.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems