Re: keyboards

Subject: Re: keyboards
From: Daniel P Read <danielread -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 18:10:39 EDT

I hate _all_ keyboards except the IBM P/S 2. It alone (in my experience)
possesses the same heft and spring that IBM offered on its Selectric. I
learned how to touch-type on those things and as such am a pounder,
especially when I type fast (100 wpm). In fact, I have discovered a large
difference in my typing accuracy between IBM keyboards and everyone
else's.
I equate contemporary PC keyboards with Chiclet gum pieces. They are
shallow, wobbly, inconsistent, cheap. Apple's are the worst! I am still
trying to find someone who has "upgraded" from a P/S 2 who is willing to
part with the keyboard. Any takers out there?

Carolyn Haley
DocuMania
dcma -at- ct1 -dot- nai -dot- net

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I just spent $1800 on a new PC and told the guy at the store he could
keep his Mitsumi keyboard. I called about a dozen places around town and
eventually found a place that had two IBM PS/2 keyboards in stock. $10 a
piece. I bought 'em both. I also recently started working for a large
corporation and they gave me a brand new Dell computer. I asked the guy
who installed it for me if he could trade me for an IBM PS/2 keyboard.
He took my Dell keyboard and I'm now annoying all of my cube neighbors
with the clacking of my IBM.

I will also echo the typing accuracy comment (above). My accuracy goes
down in double digits when I'm not on an IBM.

Take care,
Daniel Read