Re: finding a replacement

Subject: Re: finding a replacement
From: Mike Bygrave <bygravem -at- INTUITIVE -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 14:01:42 +-100

Somebody wrote:
> Solve your problem by advertising for a free lancer. If the person works out, go the
> next step to regular employee.

> Since many people free lance or out source in our field

THIS ISN'T A CRITICISM (after all, I don't want to get thrown off the list for commenting on another's message or anything)

The notion of a "free lancer [sic]" leads to some truly horrible thoughts -- some sort of dodgy doctor maybe, or perhaps a strange implement which appears on the front of 'tenn' magazines? Come to think of it, given some of the more recent connotations of "out" and -- more specifically -- "outing", there are possibilites in the term "out source" as well.

Cheers,

Mike Bygrave (bygravem -at- intuitive -dot- co -dot- uk)
"1966 was a great year for English football
- Cantona was born"
"I like deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." - Douglas Adams