Re: Job Shopping?

Subject: Re: Job Shopping?
From: Buck & Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- DHC -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 05:10:12 -0500

Indera wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Your emails have provided much needed advice for me. I have been
> searching for job shops and have posted notes here in the past, but no
> one responded.
>
> I am more interested in working from home, than I am going from site to
> site, every couple of months. Do you know of any job shops, or any other
> types of companies that routinely have "at-home" work?
>
> Thanks
> Indera

Job Shops don't line at-home work because they believe that you will
eventually desert them for "private contracting."

That's the real answer on your quest for at-home work: submit resumes to
the companies (not the shops).

Point out the advantage to them of at-home work, such as
1)no additional capital investment for equipment--"use my equipment, not
yours,"
2)I work during my most efficient time, providing output that's more
creative, , etc.

the list can go on and on

Many of my at-home contracts have been for companies for which I had
worked before. Submit resumes to all of those, even to the ones where
your relationship wasn't the best. Even though the boss didn't like
you, he may realize now that you were the best writer he had ever used.

One respondent to my article mentioned that her at-home work is for a
former employer in New York. She now lives in Arizona and makes a trip
back east every couple of months.
--
Buck Buchanan

writer -at- dhc -dot- net