Mice?

Subject: Mice?
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 13:15:21 -0500

I have to chime in on the side of "mice", though I can't
easily think of any situation where you'd need the plural.
Most of us only have one mouse attached to the computer,
and its rare to talk about mice in general. As for Bev's
comment that nobody would object to "mole/moles"... well,
speaking as a dabbler in chemistry, you could only use
"moles" for very large quantities indeed, and the singular
form really wouldn't work for optical mice... <gdr>