FW: Re: Editing, Smediting

Subject: FW: Re: Editing, Smediting
From: "Westerberg, Jennifer" <TECJLW -at- ACCESS-HEALTH -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 13:01:00 -0700

If you've got a friend in the Quality Assurance/Testing department that's
willing to help you out, try them. My QA department has some of the best
"eyes" I've ever seen, and did a great job at identifying errors and
inconsistencies.

Also, I know this is going to sound strange, but try reading your
documentation sentence by sentence BACKWARD. I really resisted this bit
of advice, but I have to admit it works. This won't help you identify
"content" errors, but because you're looking at sentences out of context,
it's easier to identify grammar/spelling issues.

Other than that, it's an ugly job, but you know how the rest of the
saying goes...

Jennifer Westerberg
jwesterberg -at- access-health -dot- com