Re: Print vs. Electronic

Subject: Re: Print vs. Electronic
From: "Ivie, Guy" <GuyI -at- CORPMAIL -dot- FOLLETT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 09:24:00 PDT

Sound familiar?

----------
From: TECHWR-L[SMTP:TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 1997 11:04
To: TECHWR-L

Howdy, Yall:

We have gone around and around about Print vs. Electronic
doc distribution. I am working on an incredibly volatile
software for low-end users. We finally decided to freeze
the docs at one point (next week - eek!) and send them
to print even though the system is still in flux. After
that, we will provide release notes with changes, and
we will provide the updated manuals online. My bosses
feel that our user base will always require hard-copy
manuals; however, providing updates online will save
us money in the end and be more efficient.

Now, we just have to train these user's to actually
use online help.

Melonie Holliman
(mrh -at- abmdata -dot- com)
The Tech Writer