Re: Job Posting: Technical Marketing Writer

Subject: Re: Job Posting: Technical Marketing Writer
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 11:24:36 -0500

And then there was the "Warning: this beta update fixes a Real Bad Problem
- update now, don't run the beta you have" sheet. Got bounced back and
forth for days, developers wanted it to look scarier, marketing wanted it
more reassuring. Half an hour to write, several days to revise, and in the
end it was, down to the word, punctuation mark, and layout, identical to
the results of the half hour.

Meanwhile, at the beta sites... Well, actually, nothing happened. There
were only a few beta sites and it took an obscure and unlikely sequence of
events to trigger the problem. The potential problem was discovered and
fixed by a very alert and customer-focused programmer, and never, as far as
I know, happened.

Mike Huber, celebrating 2750 years of decline, and not speaking for anybody
else
Mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Grammar and spelling are tools to be used in moderation.