Technical Marketing Writer Posting

Subject: Technical Marketing Writer Posting
From: Without Papers <wop -at- SEACOAST -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 13:30:19 -0400

Okay. I just can't stay out of this one. I think what happens to each of us
at one time or another is we get a little too whacked out by non-writer's
words. Ya know, most people don't pick their words as carefully as technical
writers do. There are times when I get a little imtimidated to post a memo
to a group of tech writers because I don't feel like being nitpicked for not
being precise enough or by missing one of the
who-knows-whether-it's-important details (like, how do you spell knitpikked
anyway... should I look it up before I send this email so that all you guys
won't think I'm stupid... oh, wait, I just said guys... will all the women
out there think I'm not talking to them... maybe I should say... and on and
on and on).

Consider the source of the message. Why do we expect the rest of the world
to sound like tech writers? If you don't like the lingo, don't apply for the
job. Let's not make other people feel unwelcome cuz they're not exactly the
way we are. Sure, in general, I'd love it if more people took time to learn
better ways of communicating, but then, maybe I'd be out of a job!!!!

How 'bout if we all relax a little and try to meet others half way. Isn't
listening part of communicating?
Joseph M. Chodat
Nina-Giovanna Esile
Without Papers