Re: Dvorak keyboard

Subject: Re: Dvorak keyboard
From: Barry Batorsky <bbatorsky -at- ADMIN -dot- NJ -dot- DEVRY -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 13:55:37 -0400

I read in an airline magazine that the qwerty keyboard was designed to slow
down typists because the old, mechanical machines could not keep up with the
speed of the typists and so the mechanism kept getting tangled. The article
said that the dvorak in fact was developed before the qwerty, but ran into
this interesting incompatibility. Everything I know I learned from airline
magazines.