Re: A contracting season?

Subject: Re: A contracting season?
From: Ginna Watts <gwatts -at- PIM -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 10:40:31 -0700

Here in Victoria the biggest contractor is the provincial government.
Spring is budget time, and they have to use up their money in order to get
it again the next year. Each department / Ministry signs and completes so
many contracts in the spring there's a name for it - "March Madness".

At 04:40 PM 4/27/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Dave Brinegar mentions (twice) the "Spring contract techwriter's season"
>
>Is this a real phenomenon? If so, why? Does it exist across the board
>or just in some geographical areas or some industries? What constitutes
>"spring"--February to June? (When I go independent in a couple of
>years, it would be just like my luck to decide to take the plunge in
>September!)
>to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands
>browse the archives at http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html

Ginna Watts - Technical Writer
Pacific International Mapping Corp.
gwatts -at- pim -dot- bc -dot- ca