Re: Hot to Trot Places

Subject: Re: Hot to Trot Places
From: Ruth Glaser <ruthg -at- GORETEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:40:05 -0500

To expound on Mitch's point:

The Twin Cities are Minneapolis and St. Paul. As the local STC Job
Exchange online coordinator, I post an average of 12 new job postings
per week (although this week is really slow).

Currently, it looks as though there are not enough qualified tech
writers to meet demand in this market.

Most jobs are in software and medical products related industries,
although manufacturing/engineering and DOD-related jobs are also
regularly posted.

Salaries are not always posted, but the ones I've seen seem to be
a bit higher than those indicated for this area in the STC Salary
Survey.

Please visit our web site for more info on jobs in the Twin Cities.

http://www.primenet.com/~wai/stc/
Select Services
Select Job Exchange
Select Job Opportunities

Ruth
rglaser -at- nxtrend -dot- com

> > Where do you think the hottest places for technical writing are? My list
> > includes:
> > North Carolina
> > Boston
> > New York
> > Chicago
> > Seattle
> > California
> >
> > I'm from Florida and am wondering how this state compares to the above
> > list. Any input would be helpful.

Mitch said:

The Twin Cities is doing very well right now.