Re: Salutations!

Subject: Re: Salutations!
From: Doreen Mannion <DoreenM520 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 12:51:16 -0400

In a message dated 97-04-28 12:34:58 EDT, wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM (Wayne J.
Douglass) writes:

{{{{{At 04:16 AM 4/28/97 -0400, Jim Chevallier (de la table ronde?) wrote:

>Like many a TW I knew in New York, I am an arty type (actor) making my $
>doing technical writing. Amy Tan was my model for this, since I also write
>fiction and was reading "Joy Luck Club" about the time I left being a
>business analyst and sometime programmer at Chase, and discovered she'd
been
>a technical writer before making it big.

Thomas Pynchon, whose latest novel has just been published, was a technical
writer for Boeing.}}}}}

Yes, and my latest hire just published "Directed by Clint Eastwood," a
scholarly look at the films directed by Clint Eastwood. Perhaps this
illustrates my previous point that all things being equal, I don't hire
novelist wannabes, but certainly do not exclude published writers.