DC area job market

Subject: DC area job market
From: Kirstin Mercer <kirstin -at- CYBERCASH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 14:45:16 -0400

My apologies if you've already received this message... The first time I sent
it this morning it said it couldn't be delivered because the mailbox at
okstate.edu was full. I just sent it again and it said I couldn't send it
because I already sent it this morning... I don't know whether it actually got
through to the list or not--I don't remember seeing it. Anyway, without
further blathering...

In my experience, it's been fairly easy to get a tech comm job in DC/MD/VA in
the software industry. I don't know about any other industry because I've
never ventured away from software documentation.

I was downsized late last November, had about five interviews the following
week, and was working again at the beginning of December.

There are A LOT of tech comm positions that aren't contract positions.

If someone is interested in working as a technical communicator in the
software industry, definitely look into positions in the Dulles corridor
(Herndon, Vienna, Reston, even Chantilly as of late--all of these are in
Virginia).

Hope this is helpful. :-)

--Kirstin

Kirstin Mercer