Re: Favorite DTP

Subject: Re: Favorite DTP
From: Steve English <senglish -at- MICROS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 08:21:40 -0500

David,

Frame's search engine lets you search for specific types of markers
(index, c.f.s, TOC, etc.). You can use this to distinguish different
markers, or to jump to each marker of a certain type, even if you have
10 in a row.

If you have the Marker box open when you do the search, it displays
the marker text when you find a marker.

And if you have more than one index reference in a marker, you can
find it by searching for marker text.

The useful information you mention is readily available.

Besides, FrameMaker has a sense of humor, although I can't mention the
spellchecker joke without annoying Eric. :-)

Steve English
MICROS Systems, Inc.
ink -at- micros -dot- com

David Blyth wrote:

Interleaf is the hands-down winner here, no questions asked. Frame's
problem is that index and cross reference markers:

o Are indistinquishable from eachother

o Show up as 1 marker even if you have 10 in a row.

(Yes, I know you can put more than one index reference
in a marker. But if you do, you can't determine how many
index references you've made at that location. This loses
useful information.)