Re: (Fwd) Re: RFC1983 (Was E-mail or e-mail)

Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: RFC1983 (Was E-mail or e-mail)
From: Katherine Graden <kgraden -at- MAIL -dot- DANCRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:21:07 -0700

I prefer e-mail over email as an abbreviation for "electronic mail." After
all, do we say xray or x-ray? Tshirt or t-shirt?

The other thing I have against email is that "email" is the German word for
"enamel." Granted, using email when discussing electronic mail probably
wouldn't bother anyone who doesn't know German. But it gets to me every
time I see it in print.

Kathy Graden
(kgraden -at- mail -dot- dancris -dot- com)