Re: (Fwd) Re: RFC1983 (Was E-mail or e-mail)

Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: RFC1983 (Was E-mail or e-mail)
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 15:54:50 -0600

> How about > some others: G-spot, C-note, G-man,
> A-list? None of these items are
> shaped like the preceding letter.

I wonder about "E-Ticket"!

For those who are keeping score, after we had this
thread on techwr-l a year or two ago, I made the
choice to go with email after learning that some
publications and style guides were dropping the hyphen.
For me, it is easier to type.

I think in context that either e-mail or email are
read well. Your choice: Do you want to be conservative
and wait for the style guides to dictate this spelling or
ride with a trend that could yet be defeated?

LaVonna

PS: BTW, my business cards say "email: lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com,"
but I believe that on business cards the introductory word
could be easily dropped without it interfering with
communication these days.