TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
(Reposting - wrong area code) JOB POSTING: Technical Writer (Permanent), Los Angeles
Subject:(Reposting - wrong area code) JOB POSTING: Technical Writer (Permanent), Los Angeles From:Carolyn Yoshida <carolyn -at- USANIMATION -dot- COM> Date:Thu, 1 May 1997 10:11:10 -0700
**This is a reposting. The original posting incorrectly listed the
area code as 818 in the contact information. The correct area code
Company: Toon Boom Technologies, Inc.
Position: Technical Writer
Location: Currently in Hollywood, moving soon to Burbank.
* The product is a UNIX-based animation software system used in
television, motion picture, and interactive CD-ROM production.
* Design and write end user manuals, tutorials, training materials, and
technical support materials in both hardcopy and online format. Possible
web page HTML development involved.
* Formulate and maintain documentation and production schedules.
* Work with programmers and software users to perform needs analyses to
determine the documentation and training requirements.
* Test accuracy and effectiveness of materials created.
* 5 years experience writing end-user software manuals and and training
materials, preferably for a comprehensive, graphically-oriented software
* Must have the ability to write clearly and concisely at the level of
the user, and edit with an eye for detail.
* Must be able to independently learn new software applications quickly
and develop materials without aid of written specifications.
* Experience using FrameMaker publishing software and UNIX preferable.
Competitive benefits package, including 401(k) and dental. Flexible work
hours and casual dress code. You'll work with dynamic,
cutting-edge 2D animation software and the learn about the
rapidly-expanding field of digital animation.
- Contact name: Carolyn Yoshida
- 818 North La Brea, Hollywood, CA 90038
- 213-465-2200 (voice)
- 213-465-2800 (fax)
- carolyn -at- usanimation -dot- com