Re: STC Conf. Sunday Reception

Subject: Re: STC Conf. Sunday Reception
From: Robert_R_Sidman -at- NOTES -dot- FMSO -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 14:03:56 -0500

New comments below in para starting "How to find each other."

Hello. A recent posting of mine mentioned the 4th
Annual Techwr-L Reception at the STC 44th Annual
Conference in Toronto, and I received some inquiries
for more info. Here's the scoop:

What: 4th Annual Techwr-L Reception (actually,
it is a sub-reception)

Where: Sheraton Grand Ballroom

When: During the STC Conference Welcome Reception,
which is from 7 to 9 p.m.

Time of our get-together: 8:00 p.m.

Cost: Free (for conference attendees)

Freebie: Techwr-l stickers

How to find each other: Good question. I don't
really know the layout of the room or the
decorations. I always say let's meet at "the
wall opposite the band" if there is one. Look
for the people wearing the infamous round,
yellow, techwr-l stickers that I always pass
out. Look for Bob Sidman (he's much taller than
I am).

---->I'm 6'4" or so and nearly bald. Friend LaVonna is
neither, thank God.

When I have figured out what I might
wear, I'll let you know.

Advantage: Hey, you get to eat loads of great
buffet-style food for free and meet techwr-l
lurkers and posters. What more could you want?

Disclaimer: This is not an official STC event and
never has been, but they put up with us. Hey,
we'd be there anyway; we're just trying to find
each other!

Why 8:00? Because if you get there on time, this
allows you to go through the buffet and eat before
trying to track down the gang. It is much easier
this way.

RSVP: Not required. If you want to drop me a
note to say you'll be looking for me, that's fine,
but we don't need reservations. If you write, don't
post it to the list. The stickers are first-come,
first get, but I'll try to make plenty.

How does this affect other techwr-l get-togethers?
It doesn't. If your plane gets you to this area
of Toronto by 8 p.m., stop by and see us at no charge.
If you are going to the dinner, that's super. If some
of you early-bird types want to get together at
breakfast, hey, more power to you.

I've been doing this with varying degrees of success
since Minneapolis in '94 (my 2nd conference). If
someone wants to volunteer to make a sign, that would
help. (Perhaps this could be someone who won't be
flying.) If you know about the layout of the room,
please contact me with more info.

Good luck to us all, and I hope to see you there!

Regards,
LaVonna

lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com

All typos are blamed on bandages.