Re: Anyone written for COM Technology?

Subject: Re: Anyone written for COM Technology?
From: Barry Kieffer <barryk -at- MDHOST -dot- CSE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 09:01:10 PDT

Greetings Colleen Adams,

Linda Merrifield <MerrLJ -at- CITA -dot- COM>, did a great job covering
content for object oriented software systems.

I would like to add my experience in to boot.

Linda writes: >5: Database Design (all entities and diagrams)

I must stress here that in the diagrams section you make sure
the Entities Relationship Diagram (ERD) is present.

Make sure the ERD is the "real" ERD and not the working model
that is shown to management.

The difference is that the ERD typicaly shown to management is
a simplified version that is not fully normalized.

If any changes need to be made to the system in the future and
a complete ERD is not available, updating the system is only a
shot in the dark guessing game at best.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Barry Kieffer