Re: Bad Employers/Clients List???

Subject: Re: Bad Employers/Clients List???
From: Feeman Kevin SC2275 <Feeman_Kevin_SC2275_at_SATCOM23 -at- SATGATE -dot- SAT -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 10:02:55 MST

Gang, I agree with focusing on the positive companies rather than the
bad ones. I am sure that we have all had bad experiences, but why
focus on them? Too often all I read about on this list, and many
others, is whine, whine, and more whine about the negatives in life
and technical writing/editing/communicating, and these threads go on
far too long. Yuck! I would rather see a more positive infused into
this list.

How many times have we, in our profession, wanted to see the positive
companies to work for, especially if we have worked for some bad ones.

Another idea, why not spread the word if there are some really
horrible companies to work for through individual STC meetings and
networking. After all, isn't that what STC and networking are for?
This way contractors, and people looking for work, can focus on the
good companies instead of being on the look out, and overly paranoid
about finding the bad ones. My gut feeling tells me that there are a
heck of a lot more good companies than bad.

Kevin F.
Technical Communicator
home email = kevinf -at- primenet -dot- com

My thoughts are my thoughts alone and they haven't been corrupted by
television.