Re: Bad Lists

Subject: Re: Bad Lists
From: Buck & Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- DHC -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 04:19:32 -0500

> Example: My neighbor child abuse because one of my 'genius' children
> threw an egg at her window. She told the worker that she believed only an
> abused child would exhibit this behavior. The caseworker agreed that it
> was a frivolous call but I now have a record. I will have to pay an
> attorney to have it expunged at the end of the 10 years. I could
> have a problem if a potential employer saw the record, I still have
> 5 years to go.
>
> Has anyone else had to deal with this and how did you in reference
> to employers?

Haven't had this kind of problem, but I had to leave a contract in
Jordan because the paychecks stopped going into my bank account. I
didn't know it for three months and when I called the employer to demand
that back pay be deposited, they said okay, but a month later it still
hadn't been done.

After I left, the employer (a stateside company) told me that he would
do everything in his power to *fix* me for jeopardizing his contract
with the Jordanian Air Force and the U.S. Government.

For several years after that job, I found it really hard to get an
overseas contract. It was at that time that I began flying to the
country (on a tourist visa) where I wanted to work and going directly to
foreign companies rather than apply to an American Contractor for an
overseas job. It was successful, but very costly.

Does anyone know of an easy and inexpensive method to check on reports
that are going out to prospective employers?

Buck Buchanan
writer -at- dhc -dot- net
Arlington, TX