Re: JOB POSTING: Technical Marketing Writer

Subject: Re: JOB POSTING: Technical Marketing Writer
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 18:05:12 +0800

John McPhillips <j -dot- mcphillips -at- UWS -dot- EDU -dot- AU> said:
> Let people be "top performers" if they want to, but remember that in
> a big organization, a "top performer" can't always be one if they
> are let down by bad management decisions and unresolved conflict.
> If a manager is willing to back up his/her people when the chips are
> down, that's when a top performance really means something.

It would be interesting to turn it around at the interview and ask
"Is my future manager a 'top performer'? What is it that makes him/her
a top performer?"

Cue mouth-flap-fluster.

Of course if I were really looking for a job, perhaps I would not be
so brave.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield What the critics had to say about
PO Box 192 Leederville Stuart Burnfield:
Western Australia 6903 "...nasty, brutish and short"
Hobbes "Leviathan"