Re: Top Performer (Was: JOB POSTING: Technical Marketing Writer)

Subject: Re: Top Performer (Was: JOB POSTING: Technical Marketing Writer)
From: Peter Brown <pbrown -at- MKS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 14:13:35 -0400

Stuart Burnfield wrote:
> It would be interesting to turn it around at the interview and ask
> "Is my future manager a 'top performer'? What is it that makes him/her
> a top performer?"
>
> Cue mouth-flap-fluster.
>
> Of course if I were really looking for a job, perhaps I would not be
> so brave.

Although I wouldn't recommend being that aggressive in turning the
question toward the interviewer him/herself, something along those
lines, but directed at the company, is certainly appropriate. Something
like:

"Now that I've been making a case for myself, how about some
reciprocation? Tell me why I should want to work for your company. Why
is it a good place to work?"