Re: Help or User Manual First?

Subject: Re: Help or User Manual First?
From: Debbie Molis <dmolis -at- EROLS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 19:02:45 +0000

Ann wrote
<My audiences prefer paper doc and think online Help is difficult to
<use.
<How about the rest of you?

Personally,

I think it has to do with how familiar a user is with using a computer,
and how often the user actually uses the software.

If your intended audience is not that experienced, then they will spend
more time doing their research and learning through books: a more
traditional method that they're comfortable with.

If the audienced is experienced, or uses the software as an integral
part of their daily job/life, they may be more likely to use the online
help.

It's all about analyzing the audience, I think.

Debbie Molis
Technical Writer
dmolis -at- erols -dot- com