TW role in Y2K issues

Subject: TW role in Y2K issues
From: Mary Howe <thunder -at- IDIR -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 09:15:48 -0500

Here's a question for general discussion: Clearly the Year 2000 issues
will affect many of us. Even as an independent contractor working mostly
on non-computer documents, I can at least alert my clients to problems
they may encounter.

What do you think is the role of the tech writer in this issue?

Are any of you actively working on Y2K issues?

Is this going to mean any new work for tech writers? (No, I'm not
looking for a job, I'm just interested.)

And have any of you experienced problems already?

I'm just raising this as an issue that I think may be relevant to many
of us.

Mary

--
Mary Howe