Re: STC Conference Tips Web Page

Subject: Re: STC Conference Tips Web Page
From: Peter Brown <pbrown -at- MKS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 12:13:55 -0400

Janice Gelb wrote:

> LaVonna Funkhouser writes:
>

> > * If you (like me) have problems converting temperatures from Celcius
> > to Farhenheit, become familiar with a conversion chart. (Note:
> > Temperatures this week range from 5 to 13.)
> >

> Here's a tip from my stint living in Israel -- for quick conversion
> from Celsius to Fahrenheit, double the Celsuis temperature and add
> 30. It gets you very close.
>
> See y'all in Toronto!
>
> -- Janice
In the interests of nitpicking, the even-more accurate formula is
multiply the Celsius temperature by 1.8 (or 9/5, whatever is easier) and
add 32 to get Fahrenheit.

And here's an url for the Environment Canada page for Toronto, complete
with current conditions and long-range forecast:

http://www.tor.ec.gc.ca/forecasts/forecast.cgi?city=Toronto&province=Ontario

--
"Opinions? I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention."
Peter Brown, Technical Writer (pbrown -at- mks -dot- com)