Re: MONEY IN TORONTO

Subject: Re: MONEY IN TORONTO
From: Susan Brown <sbrown -at- JSCSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 12:24:55 -0500

At 09:23 AM 5/7/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Instant teller/bank machines in Canada are on the same networks as those
>in the States. You should be able to take money out of any Canadian cash
>machine with your card, and your bank back home will figure out the
>equivalent in U.S. funds to debit from your account.

I do this a lot when in Italy (visiting my sister). This has another
advantage: the exchange rate you get is invariably better than what you get
from a bank you are not a customer of (if you go to a bank in Toronto, for
example), an exchange kiosque at the ariport, or by changing travellers cheques.

This is often a little more difficult in Europe, where many banks
are NOT connected to the networks commonly in use in North America, but
between the US and Canada it works just fine.

Susan Brown
JSC Systems Corp.