Re: Half Day Interview

Subject: Re: Half Day Interview
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 15:21:56 -0400

I think every interview I've had in the last 5 years
has lasted 2-6 hours. Previously, it was a 1-hour deal,
tops. At the one that took 6 hours, I spent lots of
time being shuttled between rooms, among developers,
writers, managers, and anyone else who was available,
and waiting in the waiting room when no one was available.
It didn't require special preparation -- each of the
8 or so people I talked to asked similar questions.

The one that lasted 2 hours consisted of a talk with
the hiring manager and a talk with a panel of developers
and writers. Much more efficient. Funny, the job interview
that took 6 hours and the one that took 2 hours were pretty
good indicators of the organization of the company and what
things were going to be like working there ;)

A.
--
Alexia Prendergast
Senior Technical Writer