Re: Context Sensitive Help

Subject: Re: Context Sensitive Help
From: Dennis Hays <dhays -at- NOVALIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 12:27:06 -0400

Matthew Stern inquired about expectations for context sensitive help.

What I would like to see is help based around the Win95/NT4.0 right mouse
button. Sure, I'd like an immediate response to "What's this", but, beyond
that, my needs change. I think I'd like to have some options, such as a
"What's this" at the top and below a separation, some possible index/ToC
level suggestions or related topics.

What's This?
-------------------
Topic 1
Topic 2
Topic 3
Topic 4

If designed properly, I could either choose "What's this" or any other
suggested topic to get information about the item. For example, how would
it be to get field-level information, or function-level, or
syntax-level--all from a click? It would take some work to set up the
matrix, but then the help would have some definite usefulness.

What do others think....

Dennis
Dennis Hays
Novalis Corporation