Education on Resume

Subject: Education on Resume
From: Janet_Valade -at- SYSTECH -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 15:37:40 PST

>The usual way to indicate that you went to college but didn't graduate
>is "Attended University of Foo with major in Bar Technology." As
>opposed to "B.S., University of Foo, Bar Technology."

>The line on my resume for post-graduate work goes like this:

Completed course work for M.S., Technical Communication,
>University of Washington. Thesis pending.

I am interested in knowing how hiring managers feel about education
that was begun, but never finished. Is it better to put it on the
resume, or just leave it off? I leave mine off because I am afraid it
makes me look like a quitter. Of course, I have other degrees on my
resume. If the incomplete degree was my only education, I might see
it differently.

Janet

Janet Valade
Technical Writer