Re: Half Day Interview

Subject: Re: Half Day Interview
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 19:39:40 -0400

>A potential employer of mine said they would like me to spend >"at least a half a day" with them for an interview. What in >the world would we do over a half day?! Should I prepare for >it any any differently than I would other interviews?

I've had similar interviews. The official reason is usually that
different Powers in the company want to size you up. Too often, though,
it means that you answer the same questions several times.

In my most memorable worst case, I had a half day interview when I had a
bad cold. By the end of the experience, I could barely talk--and I was
still teaching, and had to go on to an evening class (we had a group
discussion that night).

At the time, I wanted the job badly, and I was furious that I didn't get
it after the circus I'd been put through. But I felt better when I found
the company wasn't solvent and generally didn't have a clue about
anything.

--
Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com / bbyfield -at- ca -dot- ibm -dot- com)
Technical Writer

"I never had the chance to prove them wrong,
My time was short, the story long,
No, I never had the chance to prove them wrong,
It's always them that write the song."
--Oyster Band, "Oxford Girl"