Re: Job posters, please don't stop!

Subject: Re: Job posters, please don't stop!
From: Don Smith <dsmith -at- ACCESSBEYOND -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 10:55:12 EST

Melissa wrote (in part):

"Several potential job posters have said recently that the current --
ah -- climate on this list has made them hesitant to post more want
ads. I'd like to ask them to reconsider.

For every flame you see, I bet there are ten or twenty listmembers who
are happy to see the job posting. _All_ job postings are interesting
to me. I read every one. And I'm not looking for a job. I do it
because knowing what others are looking for helps me stay current in
my skills and orientation. I also forward some postings to friends
who might be interested.

So please, job posters, don't stop."

- - - -

I want to put my 2 cents in here. May I?

I don't believe the intent of the threads were to "flame" the ad, but
rather to discuss some points that a great many tech writers found
interesting. Some of the discussion was really to the point, for them
as tech writers. I know I found the comments very interesting. The
job(s) posted was not even the major part of the discussion.

The job postings are of course *great* and I feel sure everyone
appreciates them being on the list. I would hope that there is no
consideration being made to not post. This is a rich source of writers
and should not be overlooked. They are individualists however and may
now and then speak their minds. I for one, sometimes loose mine. Not
this time, I hope.

I'm done. Thanks and keep the postings coming.

Don

MOO