document review process

Subject: document review process
From: "Tamminga, Ernie" <et -at- DSC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 14:51:22 -0700

It's also the case that in any self-respecting engineering organization,
software engineers regularly do formal "code reviews" for one another,
and often other rituals called "walkthroughs" , integration reviews,
etc. None of these is interpreted as a suggestion that the developer
whose code is being reviewed is inaccurate. . . if anything, it's a way
of showing RESPECT for one another's work!
Although technical work is done by populations made up of a
disproportionate number of lone-wolves, it is still in the final
analysis a communal enterprise.
--------
Ernie Tamminga
Director, InfoEngineering