Job Posting - California

Subject: Job Posting - California
From: John Lord <jlord -at- LIVINGSTON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 14:11:43 -0700

Company: Livingston Enterprises, Inc.
Position: Staff technical editor
Location: East Bay: Pleasanton, CA
Salary: Based on experience
Starts immediately

Job Requirements
----------------
o Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
o At least 3 to 4 years of recent technical editing experience
o Proficiency with FrameMaker software on the Mac, PC, or UNIX
o A sense of humor

Preferred Skills
---------------
o Bachelor's degree
o Editing experience in a networking or internetworking environment
o Excellent copyediting and document production skills

Job Responsibilities
------------------
o Editing and rewriting printed and online documentation company-wide
o Improving editorial and visual standards for documents
o Maintaining consistent style guidelines
o Providing production support
o Helping to maintain FrameMaker templates
o Recommending new designs, layouts, and procedures as needed
o Assessing future editorial requirements within the company

You will be editing primarily for our publications and training
departments, but will also be looking at technotes, marketing
publications, and web pages.

Environment and Benefits
-----------------------
Livingston is a 200-employee technology company. We design and produce
hardware and software for internetworking applications. Hours are flexible.
Most work is performed onsite, but telecommuting hours can be arranged.
Benefits include medical and dental and a 401(k) plan. See our website at
www.livingston.com for more information.

Contacts
--------
Jeff Wang, Recruiter
Livingston Enterprises, Inc.
4464 Willow Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588
(510) 737-2100 X2199
Fax: (510) 737-2110
jwang -at- livingston -dot- com

Taffy Everts, Technical Editor
Livingston Enterprises, Inc.
4464 Willow Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588
(510) 737-2100 X3132
Fax: (510) 737-2110
taffy -at- livingston -dot- com

***You must provide samples of your editing markup and/or edit a short
draft document.***