Re: Question: Screen capture tools for HP

Subject: Re: Question: Screen capture tools for HP
From: Jeanette Feldhousen <jeanette_feldhousen -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 09:59:36 -0700

On May 14, 4:23pm, Brian Martin wrote:
> Subject: Question: Screen capture tools for HP
> Are there anybodies out there aware of good screen capture tools for use
> on an HP workstation environment?
>
> I have used something called Snapshot on the Solaris OS. Is this
> available for HP?

I use a combination of xv and xgrab. xv costs $25, and lists the creator
as bradley -at- cis -dot- upenn -dot- edu -dot- I downloaded xgrab from a public domain site
at the University of Wisconsin, but for some reason I can't connect to
it today.

xv is good at doing screen and window captures, and saves to a variety of
formats. I have to use xgrab to get captures of menus, and then I use xv
to convert the screen captures to a format Frame will take.

I'm assuming, of course, that you're using X windows.

--Jeanette

--
Jeanette Feldhousen jeanette_feldhousen -at- mentorg -dot- com
Mentor Graphics Corporation