Technical Dictionary

Subject: Technical Dictionary
From: Ginna Watts <gwatts -at- PIM -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 15:29:34 -0700

I was wondering if anyone had a good source for drafting or other
specialized dictionaries. The other day, we all (me and a building full of
CAD operators and cartographers) could not agree on some specific terms.

For example: The word 'linestring' is spelled three ways in our current
manual - line string, linestring and Linestring. We use MicroStation a
lot, so I checked their manual and help. They use line string in the book,
but in the program, their tool tip help calls them linestrings. Couldn't
find the word in Websters, so I figured a 'technical' dictionary would
really help.

Does such a beast exist? Covering CAD? Programming? Or are all these topics
separate? Help?

TIA, Ginna

Ginna Watts - Technical Writer
Pacific International Mapping Corp.