Re: Numbers more than 10

Subject: Re: Numbers more than 10
From: "Accentuated Brandname Creativity, Inc." <acreatyv1 -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 10:43:17 -0400

>The coolant supplied to the test stations is a
>dielectric liquid. The system requires 15 gallons.

This is OK.

>Fifteen gallonS per system ARE required. (the 15 gallons are
>required, right? Not the system is required.)

This is not.

The crowd is getting bigger and meaner. The same principle applies.

It is the quantity that matters, not the individual units (gallons,
in this case); we know what the sentence subject is, thanks.

Nobody else picked up on this "issue" because it isn't one. Like it
never happens on this list.

Chuck ("Master of None") Brandstater
acreatyv1 -at- earthlink -dot- net