Re: FW: Fee Disclosure

Subject: Re: FW: Fee Disclosure
From: Richard Yanowitz <ryanowit -at- NYCT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 11:58:09 -0400

There seems to have been a problem in transmission of this message; I hope
I'm not duplicating it.

At 09:51 AM 5/20/97 -0500, Mitman, Rikki wrote:
>Seems to me a lot of people would like to know what rates others are
>getting, but no one wants to be the first to disclose. Understandable, I
>think. If there's really a lot of interest, perhaps we should find one
>person who has the time to take on a survey, and send him/her info on
>what kind of work we're doing, where we're doing it (geography is
>important), years of experience, and what we get paid.

Er, um... At the writers union web site, listed below in my "signature,"
there's a questionnaire (in 4 parts, I believe) that covers exactly such
issues and many others (ergonomics, RSI, dispute resolution, contract
provisions, and much more). You don't have to be a union member to fill it
out, and you can answer anonymously. The only part explicitly for union
members is an area to indicate if respondents want to be part of a
networking guide that we expect to produce.

(Full disclosure: I helped create the survey and am involved in compiling
it. We've had an excellent response so far via the web site, e-mail and
hard-copy; we're in process of building a database to receive the
information and should soon be starting data entry.)

I can forward e-mail versions of the survey to anyone who would prefer that
and asks for it privately, and people can return them to me or the union
directly for inclusion in the results.

This of course is not the same as conducting a survey and providing results
for this list.

No personal identifying information will be included in the published results.

You can e-mail me privately if you have any questions.

Richard Yanowitz, NYC
ryanowitz -at- bigfoot -dot- com