Re: Who are we?

Subject: Re: Who are we?
From: "Eric Haddock, Q.P." <eric -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 11:16:27 -0500

>I was told that the US Bureau of Statistics gives the
>figures as 50/50.

No _way_ that's true anymore. My whole technical writing experience has
been one dominated by women at every level--except managerial.

>Tim Alton wrote:
>
>I find it a little hard to believe that a professional dominated
>almost three-quarters by females could have a pattern of discrimination
>against them.

I didn't see this comment before.
The workforce may be 75% women (in my personal experience it has been
more like 85-90% actually) but vice-presidents in charge of whole
department are almost always men.
I have noticed that the technical writers themselves are women mostly,
their bosses/managers/etc. are women, but the VPs are men, and it's from
the VPs that the discrimination stems.
There is still a glass ceiling in places and it continually frustrates
me to see it going on.

Regards from beautiful Wisconsin! :)

Me --> http://www2.pitnet.net/moonlion mailto:moonlion -at- full-moon -dot- com
Work --> http://www.engagenet.com mailto:ehaddock -at- engagenet -dot- com