Re: Fee Disclosure

Subject: Re: Fee Disclosure
From: Win Day <winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 14:53:34 -0400

At 08:40 AM 5/21/97 +0000, Melonie Holliman <mrh -at- abmdata -dot- com> wrote:
>Howdy, Yall:
>
>Fees and Salaries are excellent topics; however, I think there is
>so much more to what we are "paid" than just money. Atmosphere,
>stress level, commute, benefits, and hours worked all played a
>part in what pay I was willing to accept. And, of course, the
>experience and expertise required will affect our pay rates.

<SNIPPED the rest of Melonie's post>

After having several jobs I disliked for various reasons, and doing a lot of
soul-searching to discover what it is I do want, I've come to the following
conclusion.

I'll be happy working with a company in a particular position if any two of
the following three criteria are met:

* I enjoy doing what I'm doing right now, at least for the most part

* I see a future in this job -- I'm learning new stuff, different projects
are coming down the pipe, there's room for advancement

* I'm being adequately and equitably paid

The perfect job meets all three. Less than two, and I'm outta there!

Win
Win Day
Technical Writer/Editor
Email: winday -at- idirect -dot- com