Re: Sex discrimination (was Who are we?)

Subject: Re: Sex discrimination (was Who are we?)
From: "Julie F. Hesselgesser" <jhesselgesser -at- OXMOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 09:36:18 -0400

I think John is lucky to be in an equal enviroment. However, this is not the
situation everywhere. I've recently come from a job where, when I started,
there were 3 male supervisors with 8 female writers under them. When
questions were raised about the lack of female managers in the department,
some scrambling went on pretty quickly (within 1 year) to promote some women
to "team leaders." However, this group still exists under the leadership of
a male who seems to have a problem hiring males. The joke in the group is
that the females are all part of his "harem." Does this ring bells for
anyone else?

Julie
All views are expressly mine own!