Re: Transporting graphics from Frame/Word to HTML

Subject: Re: Transporting graphics from Frame/Word to HTML
From: Diane Burke <dburke -at- RIGEL -dot- TYDAC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 13:30:31 +0000

Hi All,

In <m0wUT9A-000ROTC -at- tydac -dot- com>, geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA wrote:
> Kevin Feeman wondered how to extract graphics created in
> Word and Frame using their drawing tools for use with HTML.
> Don't both packages have HTML export functions or utilities
> that will do the conversion for you?

If I understand correctly, the graphics for HTML must be in JPEG or GIF
format. When you create a graphic in Frame using their tools, they are not
in an HTML recognizable format and the Frame conversion to HTML function is
not currently able to do this for you. I also have this problem - manuals
full of graphics which are a combination of BMPs (usually screen grabs of
dialogue boxes) annotated with Frame drawing tools. A quick and easy
procedure to convert to JPEG or GIF would be wonderful.

Diane

--
Diane Burke
TYDAC Research Inc.

613-226-5525, Ext. 202
dburke -at- tydac -dot- com

"The human mind, once stretched to a new idea,
never goes back to its original dimensions."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes