Re: Job Postings -Reply

Subject: Re: Job Postings -Reply
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 11:53:02 -0500

> Dennis Hays wrote:
>
> Have you noticed that when anywhen is looking for a writer, they want
> excellent writing skills?
>
> It's almost an oxymoron.

Wouldn't it be redundant or, at least, a stereotype? (And while I'm at
it, why is a positive stereotype not a stereotype, but a defining
characteristic?) An oxymoron would indicate that excellent and writing
skills are mutually exclusive, or that excellent writing skills and
technical writer are mutually exclusive. It's sort of like college food
or country music. (for those of you with mail-o-vision, you'll see my
tongue firmly implanted in my cheek, otherwise my e-mail address is in
my signature)

> I've never seen anyone looking for *...someone with mediocre writing
> skills.*

Would you respond to an ad that required mediocre writing skills?

--
Chris Hamilton, Technical Writer
Greenbrier & Russel

Gianluca Pagliuca! (SportsCenter term)