Job Postings, a comment

Subject: Job Postings, a comment
From: Tom Tomasovic <Tom -dot- Tomasovic -at- NA -dot- NWMARKETS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 14:26:39 +0100

John et al:

With all due respect, I don't think we can presume
to dictate the form or content of job postings to
this (or any other) list. I agree, it would be
nice, but I'd rather wade through the info in
whatever format than chance that someone will not
post because they don't want to follow the format.
However, your point is well taken, and the
"regular" contributors to the list might take it
to heart.

In another vein, I appreciate your comment about
"misteaks". I, too, make more than my "fare"
share of them, and I sometimes get a little tired
of people being picky about them when they're
clearly mistakes, not incorrect pronouncements.

(My initial response to Buck's first post was "Aw,
c'mon Buck. Read the subject line." My second
thought was "Ah, it's probably just an oversight.
Don't waste time and bandwidth commenting.")

I would reiterate Eric's admonition (at least I
thought it was his) to "chill out" for a while
before you hit the "Send" key.

Enough!!

Regards to all,

Tom

<<Tom -dot- Tomasovic -at- na -dot- nwmarkets -dot- com>>

My words. Don't blame NatWest.

Subject: Re: Job, Boston, HW/SW Tech Writer, Cont [Ref:C427438]
Author: INTERNET TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU at Multimessage
Date: 5/28/97 12:42 PM

OTOH, it WOULD be nice if there was a MOL standard for
''required'' information that appears in the BODY, such as
Job title
Job location
Job type (perm/contract-duration)
Job poster
Respond to/Contact for more info
Job description
Desired skills/knowledge
(Salary, benefits, etc)

>> NO FLAME INTENDED TO ANYONE ('cept those who have the
absolute NERVE disagree! <g> ) <<