Word 97, RTF files and WinHelp

Subject: Word 97, RTF files and WinHelp
From: AndreaK <andreak -at- ASTOUND -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 10:24:46 -0400

Has anyone else experienced a problem compiling help with .rtf files saved in Word 97? I recently installed Word 97 on my computer and when I attempted to compile help using .rtf files that had been edited with Word 97 I received an error message which claimed: Assertion failure: Heap is corrupted.

The only way I could get around the problem was to move the files to a computer with an older version of Word, resave them, and transfer them back to my computer to compile the .hlp file

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Andrea Kelso
andreak -at- astound -dot- com