Survey: Tell them to Click OK?

Subject: Survey: Tell them to Click OK?
From: Steve Shewchuk <sshewchu -at- MAILHOST -dot- UWI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 09:40:18 -0700

Hi,

A small debate has recently started in my office, and I thought I'd take a
little poll of the listserv.

Do you feel that you need to tell users to "click OK" to close the dialog
box they are currently working in?

As an example:

1. From the File menu, choose Preferences.
2. Select the Preferences you want to use.
3. Click OK.

Obviously, click OK closes the dialog, but does it need to be stated?
Apparently, after a look at some of their docs, Microsoft no longer states
it (not that I usually care what Microsoft does..).

Please reply privately. I'll post of summary if it seems people are
interested.

Thanks.