Re: 'author' vs. 'write'

Subject: Re: 'author' vs. 'write'
From: Becca Price <RP51 -at- CHRYSLER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 13:13:48 EDT

*** Reply to note of 05/28/97 11:50

I think that "author" was selected to reflect our broadened responsibilities,
from the times when a writer only wrote (and then gave it to a secretary to
type - anyone else remember those times?). I write text; I author help files,
manuals, etc.

BTW, I'm not saying I *agree* with this distinction, only that that's what
I think the distinction is.

-becca